Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 January 2013

Elephant poo coffee created in Thailand

Picking coffee beans from elephant poo sounds like a trial from I'm A Celebrity - but it's not!

Coffee beans and back of elephant
A new, unusual type of coffee made from elephant poo has been developed by Canadian Blake Dinkin.

Coffee bean picked from elephant dung
A coffee bean picked from elephant dung

Elephants in Thailand are fed coffee beans which are picked out of their poo when it pops out the other end.
Mr Dinkin claims the beans make an earthy and smooth coffee because elephants break down a protein which makes the drink taste bitter.
From CBBC News
But it's not cheap - a serving of the Black Ivory Coffee costs around £31 - and it's only on sale overseas in places like Thailand so far.

3 comments :

  1. My brother recommended I might like this website. He was
    totally right. This post actually made my day.

    You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!


    My web-site :: paid surveys; paidsurveysb.tripod.com,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your style is unique compared to other folks I've read stuff from.
    Thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this site.


    Feel free to surf to my webpage; VickeySKatten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone
    to do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from.
    thanks

    my blog post EleanoreQGluck

    ReplyDelete

comentários