Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 August 2012

Champion again: Jamaica's Usain Bolt crosses the finish line to win gold in the men's 100-metre final in the Olympic Stadium in London

 
Outright winner: Usain Bolt streaks clear of the field to claim gold from lane seven in one of the most eagerly awaited Olympic events ever
Usain Bolt sensationally defended his coveted title as the fastest man on the planet tonight as he sprinted to glory in an Olympic record time of 9.63 seconds.

Bolt's 9.63 seconds, just 0.05 seconds slower than his own staggering world record,was a new Olympic best and capped a race in which seven men went under 10 seconds, with only the injured Asafa Powell failing to break that mark.
Bolt, 25, said: "I was happy when I went out in the first round, I felt I could do this. I was slightly worried about my start. I didn't want to false start again so I sat in the blocks a little bit.
"It wasn't the best reaction in the world but I executed it and that was the key. My coach said 'stop worrying about the start because the best part of your race is the end'. It worked.


Showman: Usain Bolt celebrates his victory by striking his customary lightning bolt pose in the Olympic Stadium in London

Usain Bolt celebrates his victory by striking his customary lightning bolt pose in the Olympic Stadium in London

No comments :

Post a Comment

comentários