Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 May 2010

International Missing Children’s Day: 25 May



The International Missing Children’s Day: 25 May is a day where people around the world commemorate the missing children who have found their way home, remember those who have been victims of crime, and continue efforts to find those who are still missing.

The main purpose of International Missing Children's Day is to encourage everyone to think about children who remain missing and to spread a message of hope.
The theme for International Missing Children's Day is parental abduction, an issue that is not only complex but is, unfortunately becoming more common.


The symbol of this day is a beautiful flower called Forget-me-not. Well chosen, wasn't it?



Forget-me-nots

Many Portuguese children are still missing. Many of them are no longer children as they have been missing for many years now but their parents have never given up trying to find them. They still hope one day they will see them again. 

It's very sad, don't you think?

1 comment :

  1. Hello there I am so thrilled I found your blog, I
    really found you by error, while I was browsing on Bing for something else, Anyways I am
    here now and would just like to say thanks surveys for money a marvelous post
    and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the
    theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all at the
    moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have
    time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the superb
    work.

    ReplyDelete

comentários